Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin, responsible for the intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphate. Vitamin D is needed to keep bones, teeth, and muscles healthy.
This essential nutrient is required for many of the main processes of the body and assists the body in its ability to absorb other minerals. Vitamin D is an important component in maintaining your general health and well-being.
So, what does taking vitamin D do?
- Maintains bone density and bone health
- Supports the immune system
- Regulates the activity of more than 200 different genes
- Aids the absorption of calcium and phosphate in the body (these are essential for muscles, teeth, and bones)
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
- Reduces inflammation
- Protects against heart disease
- Supports brain function
- Modulates cell growth
- May help protect against respiratory infections
- May alleviate symptoms of arthritis (research is ongoing but shows promising results)
- Helps depression -SAD disorder
Symptoms of a Vitamin D deficiency
A vitamin D deficiency can put you at higher risk of health conditions including heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, and depression. Signs that you may need more vitamin D include the some of the following symptoms:
- Fatigue and low energy levels
- Low mood
- Musculoskeletal aches and pains
- Muscle weakness
- Hair loss
- Generally feeling unwell
- Impaired cognition
This treatment is in the following categories: Vitamin Injections
Treatment Length and Costs
Make an appointment for Vitamin D Injection
Phone Acacia Beauty & Aesthetics to make your booking on 01245 478620 or use our online booking system to book in a time for your appointment now.